Press Release: ONYX Mid-Atlantic Charity Recipient for 2021 – Casa Ruby
We are proud to have selected Casa Ruby as part of the ONYX Mid-Atlantic’s on-going commitment our friends and siblings in the trans community.
Casa Ruby’s mission is to create success life stories among transgender, genderqueer, gender non-conforming, gay, lesbian and bisexual individuals.
Casa Ruby’s vision is to create a world where transgender, genderqueer, and gender non-conforming people pursue their dreams and achieve success in their lives without fear of discrimination, harassment, or violence due to their sexual orientation and or gender identity/gender expression
We commit to inclusion and diversity. Show your commitment and make a donation now directly to Casa Ruby. Click on: Casa Ruby Donation
We would love to see you at a Local or National Event!
Local Chapter Events
- Business Meetings Occur the Second or Third Saturday of each Month. Check our calendar.
- Exec. Board Meetings Occur One Week Prior to Each Business Meeting. Check our calendar.
- ONYXMA Applications for Full Brother. Due September 30, 2021 by 11:59 PM ET.
The ONYX Mid-Atlantic Application for those interested in applying to be a Full Brother of the chapter is online from August 1 – September 30 at: http://www.onyxma.com/
Please read the membership section of the website carefully. Remember to check with your sponsors before submitting the application.
- UNCUT Party with DJs Cindel & Onyx, September 17, 10 PM – 4 AM, The Crucible
Unleash your deepest desires on Friday night, September 17th for the return of UNCUT, DC’s most risqué circuit event. DJs Cindel and Onyx provide the music for you to sweat, dance, bump and slide into all the other boys. “The Crucible” is a massive warehouse where literally anything goes…let your inhibitions run wild. Cruise the 3 intimate play zones or dance on the main floor, whichever your desire.VIP includes express entry, free personal lubricant bottle, and free clothes check.Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test within the previous 5 days will be required for entry. Vaccination proof can include original vaccination card or copy, a digital photo of the card, or a digital vaccination record on your phone.Check ticket prices at: UNCUT on EventBrite UNCUT Party
- ONYXMA Virtual Education – Building and Caring For A Leather Wardrobe. September 25, 4:30 PM. Join our host, SteeleToe The Bootblack (from ONYX NE), as he walks us through caring for your leather. SteeleToe is currently serving as 2020 / 2021 Northeast Bootblack.This education session is open to the public.Zoom: 853 2407 2470 Passcode: 912985
ONYXMA “Scarowinds” NC Excursion . October 1 -3. COVID pending, ONYX Mid-Atlantic planning another trip to Carowinds for their “Scarowinds.” At Scarowinds every corner is cursed afresh with haunted mazes, scare zones and live (or maybe not live) entertainment. We will also visit the Woodshed Bar to support the Tradesman Leather Group at their October bar night. This will be on Saturday, October 2nd. As our out of state ONYX family, potential pledges and friends have shown interest, meetups have been added to the itinerary for Friday night. Details and registration can be found at the link: https://tiny.one/NCFFN
- 32nd Anniversary – National Coming Out Day. October 11, 2021.On National Coming Out Day we celebrate coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer (LGBTQ.) This marks the 32nd anniversary of National Coming Out Day! Thirty-two years ago, on the anniversary of the National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights, we first observed National Coming Out Day as a reminder that one of our most basic tools is the power of coming out.Coming out, whether it is as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer, still matters. Our stories are powerful when we share them – and we all remember that exact moment in our lives. When people know someone who is LGBTQ, they are far more likely to support equality under the law.
- ONYX INIQUITY Bar Night – MASQUERADE. October 30, 2021, 10 PM – 3 AM at The Green Lantern DC.
Join the Men of ONYX for our epic INIQUITY Halloween Party – MASQUERADE, from 10 PM – 3 AM!
Drinks | Strippers | $500 in Raffles and the most popular dance music by DJ Kudjo. This is the party you don’t want to miss! Wear a Masquerade Mask and get a Free Raffle Ticket. $10 Cover.
Indicate your attendance on Facebook at: http//fb.me/e/4x8tEdTp
Proof of COVID Vaccination Required. Observe COVID safety protocols.
- Scarlet’s 50th Anniversary Bake Sale. February 13, 2022, 3 PM at The Crucible. Scarlet’s Bake Sale is a free, one-day event to raise money for small LGBTQIA+ nonprofits in the DMV. ONYX Mid-Atlantic is proud to be an annual participant / sponsor of this charity event! Don’t miss this important event.
- CODE RED Charity Fundraiser for HIV / AIDS and Stigma Reduction. May 21, 2022, 9 PM – 2 AM at The Garden (www.thegarden.net). We are excited to announce Code Red 2022 – our 6th annual charity event in the fight against HIV / AIDS and Stigma. Help us raise money in support of Casa Ruby!! More information will follow starting in August 2021. Great Venue. Great Food. Great Auction Items. The Giving Starts With You!
Recurring Local Events (Bar Nights and Events by ONYXMA Brothers)
- Green Lantern Shirtless Thursdays. Join ONYX Mid-Atlantic at our home bar, The Green Lantern DC, as we come out for fellowship each Thursday. See you there!
- The BGKH Show
Black | Gay | Kinky | HumanThe BGKH Show is a weekly podcast recounting the adventures and opinions of Dominion & Epic. We cover pop culture, the world of kink and fetish, and general shenanigans.
The BGKH Show with Dominion & Epic streams live on Wednesdays via YouTube, 8 – 9:30 PM Eastern. Join in the live conversation by subscribing to the channel at https://www.youtube.com/
- D & K Sounds Presents Karaoke Thursdays and Fridays. Join our brothers Kevin (Grey Owl) and Derrick (007) at these two locations for their Karaoke Thursdays and Fridays. No Cover | Good Vibes | Great Drinks
- SF Leather Pride Fest, September 19, 2021. Harrison St. and 12th St. Festival celebrating the beginning of San Francisco’s Leather Week.
- Virtual Master/slave Conference (MSC), September 3 – 6, 2021. With the virtual format this year we are able to offer an event of unprecedented scope, accessibility, and inclusivity while providing the same high standards attendees have come to expect from MsC since 2004. Join us in 2021 and create history with us.
- Folsom Street Presents: MEGAHOOD2021, September 26, 2021 (11am – 6pm, SF). Folsom Street Fair is the biggest leather rubber and fetish fair in the USA, attracting 200,000 fetish lovers from around the world for this outrageous event, with nudity and exhibitionism being the order of the day. At the fair, you will find all manner of leather and fetish gear on sale.
- CLAW 2021 November 24 – 28, 2021 (Los Angeles)
- Mid-Atlantic Leather (MAL) January 14 – 17, 2022 (Washington, DC). Check the Facebook group “Mid-Atlantic Leather Weekend” to see information regarding hotels and room availability. Those who need to cancel a reservation often post it in this group to look for someone to take over their reservation.
Plan to attend the ONYX Mid-Atlantic led MAL 2022 Annual Charity Gear Show and Auction on January 15, 2022 from 2 – 6 PM. This is our largest charity event of the year held in the Hyatt Host Hotel Congressional Ballroom.
Interested in donating items for auction, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Charity Gear Show and Auction this year supports Casa Ruby, as part of the ONYX Mid-Atlantic’s on-going commitment our friends and siblings in the trans community. We commit to inclusion and diversity. Show your commitment and make a donation now directly to Casa Ruby. Click on: Casa Ruby Donation
- Leather Leadership Conference (LLC), March 11 – 13, 2022
Are you a leader in a kink community or the vanilla world? Do you have any tools and tips to share with the kink leadership community? Got a perspective you think other kink leaders should know about? LLC wants YOU to present at the 2022 Conference in Atlanta, GA.
We would love to have people that fit in any or all of the above categories to come and share their experience with us! LLC is more dynamic than ever and we are looking for people to help continue to move the needle of the kink community.
We are pleased to be able to offer one complimentary admission for you and a partner to the 2022 conference, and one nights stay in the hotel per class up to a total of 2 nights if your submission(s) is(are) accepted.
Submit your presenter proposals to
- International Mr. Leather (IML) 2022 May 26 – 30, 2022 (Chicago). As of June 9, 2021, IML IMBB 2021 is cancelled. Click here to read the letter from: The Renslow Charitable Foundation Information for IML IMBB 2022
- Master/slave Conference (MSC) 2022, September 1 – 5, 2022. More information to follow.
- ONYX Blackout 2022, October 6 – 10, 2022. Fort Lauderdale (Hosted by ONYX Deep South)
BLACKOUT is open to EVERYONE – We welcome not only our members but our friends, allies, and supporters and anyone who’s willing to embrace us, literally anyone, regardless of race, gender expression, sexuality, age, or other demographics. For a beautiful, if brief, moment every two years, BLACKOUT creates and sustains a space where racism, transphobia, misogyny, and other forms of discrimination do not exist.BLACKOUT depends on our community of family, friends, admires, sponsors, and partners like you to make our event a success. We look forward to hosting you in Fort Lauderdale and ensuring that you get the most out of KINKY PARADISE!